- Hinge Terminology
- End Play
The amount of axial movement between the leaves is called end play. There is a slight motion along the axis of the pin between the hinge leaves. This motion is necessary to allow the leaves to rotate without binding. It can be controlled by the knuckle gap.
For over 50 years, at Marlboro Manufacturing, we have been making hinges for all kinds of applications. We can modify the end play on our hinges to meet your needs.
We stock a large inventory of available hinges to ensure quick shipping on your order. If we do not carry the hinge you need, we are glad to custom make it for you. This flexibility and guarantee of the right product delivered quickly, has made us a domestic and international favorite.
Customized Marlboro Hinges
The complete customization of our hinges makes them suitable for nearly any imaginable application. Specify with the following characteristics:
- Metal (steel or stainless steel, brass, or aluminum and combinations thereof)
- Hinge Configuration (butt, slip-joint, weld-on, continuous, or strap)
- Pin Diameter, Configuration, and Metal
- Knuckle Length
- Leaf Width
- Piercing Patterns with Countersinking Requirements
- Leaf Notching and Bending
- Laser Cutting Options
- Plating Requirements (Anodized Satin, Black, Gold, and Bronze; Brass and Brass Lacquer; Cadmium; Electropolished; Nickel; Painted; or Clear, Yellow, and Black Zinc)
Request More Information About the End Play in Our Hinges
A Marlboro Manufacturing hinge expert would be happy to answer your questions and provide you with more information about our hinges or about the specification options and fabrication process. We will answer your concerns about custom hinges, as well.
Contact us today for more information or a quote for the hinges you need. We look forward to learning about your project today!